Directions to Reach Hornbill Deluxe Hill Resort
Click to See map
Distance of Hornbill deluxe hill resort, Ambaghat is
- about 325 kilometers from Mumbai/Thane and
- about 235 kilometers from Pune
- Ratnagiri on Konkan Railway is 65 kms from the resort.
From Ratnagiri any bus going in direction of Kolhapur/Sangli/Belgaon will pass through Ambaghat. Journey time is 1 hr 45 mins.
- Kolhapur on Central Railway is 67 kms from the resort.
From Kolhapur any bus going in direction of Ratnagiri/Chiplun/Rajapur will pass through Ambaghat. Journey time is 1 hr 45 mins.
From both the above cities regular bus service is available, to reach Hornbill Ambaghat or we can arrange not so expensive pickup, from either Railway stations at given train arrival timings.
Nearest Airport :
- Kolhapur, 70 kms away. Pick up can be arranged.
To reach Amba from Kolhapur:
Please take Ratnagiri road passing over PanchGanga river. You will pass through Bambavde and Malkapur. 17 kms after Malkapur, you will reach Amba village.
To reach Amba from Pune:
1. If you are coming by bus, please get off at Karad. We can arrange pick up for Rs.1650/- for a vehicle which can accommodate 6-7 persons. Or take bus up to Kolhapur and take another bus going to Ratnagiri and get off at Amba village stop.
To Reach Amba By Bus From Thane/Mumbai:
1. You can take bus from Teen Haath Naka Thane (Vishal Dutt Travels) this is 2×2 non A.C. bus which comes directly to Thane-AMBA. This bus is at 2130-2145 hrs from Thane and reaches Amba by 0730 at AMBA. Contact no. for booking 8652200518/519
2. Take Volvo from Thane/Mumbai to Kolhapur.
From Kolhapur either take any bus going towards Ratnagiri and get off at AMBA after Malkapur and we shall pick you up from bus stop.
we can arrange pick up for you from Karad/Kolhapur. The charges are @Rs1700 per vehicle One way. This vehicle can accommodate 6-8 persons and luggage. If you get off at karad, you can cut down travelling time by one and half hours. Only, there are no direct buses to Amba from Karad and ST buses are available from Kolhapur only.
If You Are Coming By Your Own Vehicle From Pune/Mumbai, Please Follow Directions Given Below:
Following are the road route directions from Pune:
– Take Pune-Bangalore road and reach up to Karad About 6 kms after Karad.
– Keep vehicle to left side of the road and when you see a board on left hand side of the road saying KOLHAPUR 66 you will see a fly over about one kilometer in front of you.
– Before this there is a road sign of a petrol pump, with arrow towards right hand side. DO NOT CLIMB this flyover. Instead leave highway and join service road on left hand side of highway.
– Take RIGHT turn below fly-over. The road is marked as Kale phata. Proceed on this road turning, to your left at all junctions but not leaving this State Highway.
– After passing through Undale and Yenpe and shedgeWadi, ALWAYS following main road and do not take any right turn ( all left turns).
– After a distance of 32 kms you will reach KOKRUD. Here you will get one sawmill and Bharat Petroleum petrol pump near each other on your RIGHT hand side and you reach T junction before Kokrud. Here you take RIGHT TURN.
– You will pass through Kokrud and then pass over a bridge on a river. Immediately after bridge take RIGHT TURN and 16kms further following road signs you will reach MALKAPUR.
– Here at the ‘T’ junction turn to right. This is Kolhapur Ratnagiri National highway NH204.
– Travel 16 kms on this road and you will reach AMBA Gaon junction (naka).
– Continue about 600 meters towards Ratnagiri. Here the road is a little uphill.
– You will see small HORNBILL board on right hand side of the road and school named AMBESHWAR Vidyalaya and PARNAKUTI Bungalow on left hand side of the road but, before Savai Mansingh Resort.
– In between these two there is small tar road. Take left turn here and travel about 300 meters and on your right hand side you will see a large structure with red tiles.This is our HORNBILL
1. Either take bus from Swargate to Ganpatipule/Ratnagiri (coming via KOKRUD) or Pune Ratnagiri via Kolhapur starting at around 2100 hrs 2. Take bus from Swargate to Kolhapur early morning and from Kolhapur take any bus going in the direction of Ratnagiri/Rajapur/Chiplun via Amba ghat and get off at Amba village and we shall pick you up from bus stop. 3. Take Mahalaxmi express at 0000 hrs from pune station reaching Kolhapur at 0715 and just outside railway station take any bus going in the direction of Ratnagiri/Rajapur/Chiplun, via Amba ghat and get off at Amba village and we shall pick you up from bus stop.
We shall prefer if you can reach HORNBILL in the morning by 10:00-10:30 hrs so that we can take you out to nature full day.